(Chemical Name: Potassium Alumina Silicate (K2O.Al2O3.SiO2)
Mica is chemically called as Potassium Alumina Silicate (K2O.Al2O3.SiO2). Mica acts as a filler and extender, provides a smooth consistency, improves the workability of the compound, and provides resistance to cracking.
|Loss on Ignition||9%|
1) Mica is used as a pigment extender in Paint and Coating Industry, that also facilitates suspension, reduces chalking, prevents shrinking and shearing of the paint film, increases resistance of the paint film to water penetration and weathering, and brightens the tone of colored pigments.
2) Mica powder is used as filler in Rubber goods, Lubricant and to some extent in Plastic industries.
3) It is widely used in Fire Extinguisher, Insulators.
4) It is also used in the manufacture of Roofing material, Welding rod, Wall-paper, Lamp chimneys, Shades etc.
We offer Mica in different grades as follows:
- Mica Powder 240-300 Mesh
- Mica Powder Micro 500 Mesh